Hey Friends!
I got new sandals! Not just any sandals, but the kind of sandals that have the thong that goes between your toes - like the sandals we wore as little girls - you know the real deal! I haven't been able to wear these kind of sandals since I was diagnosed with Rhuematoid Arthritis over 28 years ago. Yes, I was only three when I was diagnosed - so that makes me 31 now! Hee Hee!
I love those kind of sandals that fit between your toes. Every year when the sandals come out I try the same ole thong-style sandal on and try to walk around in them in the store. As usual I keep moving but my shoe does not! It stays stationary because my toes cannot grip the sandal, so I walk right out of it!
However, this year I got a great surprise. We went on vacation a week ago and the week before that I went shopping for some slide on sandals, but to my surprise there they were. A pair of toe-thong style sandals that curve up and grip around your foot. I tried them on and they walked with me! I was so excited! I know it doesn't take much to excite me - but I'm so excited about my new sandals! What a simple pleasure. Have you ever noticed how life's simple pleasures are the best!
We went to the beach last week -my husband, two teenagers (along with 5 of their teenage friends - and I lived to tell the story!) and myself - It was awesome, but one thing that made it even better was my best friend and her family were a few units over from us! It was great being on the beach with my family, but what I loved most was sitting on the beach with my toes digging in the sand, reading a Karen Kingsbury book with my best friend sitting beside me! That's life!
Proverbs 17:17 says "A friend loves at all times!" My friend loved me with my crippled toes digging into the sand and wearing my baseball cap (to prevent wrinkles girls - don't forget you cap!) and skirt-style bathing suit and she still sat beside me! She's been my friend for 46 years (yes, my real age!) and she doesn't ever seem to notice my accumulation of wrinkles or pounds - she just sees me for the friend I am! I see her that way too! God has blessed me with the opporutnity to travel from coast-to-coast this past year with my ministry, but I've had no greater pleasure than to sit on the beach with my best friend! Life's simple pleasures certainly are the best. Do you ever overlook the simple pleasures of life? Like the sunset? Puppy's breathe? A yellow dandelion weed in the hands of your child - picked especially for you? Do you ever forget to thank God for the friendships and the simple pleasures of life? My new sandals have certainly been a reminder to me to thank God for the simple pleasures of life.
In today's fast-paced society it almost seems that we live by: "the person with the most toys wins" however, I disagree with that thought and I believe "that people with friends and people that enjoy life's simple pleasures win ... everyday!
Won't you stop right now and thank God for your friendships and the simple pleasures He has blessed you with today? I just thanked God for my sandals and most of all for .... YOU!
I love you bunches! Let me hear from you all! Blessings! Because He lives, cherie
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment