"Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking across the floor. Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking out the door." Do any of you recognize those words? I'll help you incase you don't. These are some of the words from a song in the children's movie, "Here comes Santa." The song is about learning to do things for the first time or doing things over. How do we do things that seem bigger than us? The song is right ... put one foot in front of the other.
Except, some events in life are so devastating ... you can't put one foot in front of the other. I had the blessed opportunity to become friends with a precious lady named Cindy. Cindy is such a gifted woman and has an incredible music ministry. Her voice is beautiful! She has reached so many people and touched their hearts ... mine too! Ten months ago, Cindy lost her 15 year-old daughter to a undetected heart defect. She was a beautiful young lady that loved the Lord. I know she learned that from her mother!
Tonight, I went to hear my dear friend sing for her first public performance since her daughter's funeral. All I could do was pray. I walked up to her before the performance and I was speechless (I know some of you just laughed ... out loud!) - all I could do was hug her and say, "Hey!" Now there's a word of encouragement! "HEY!" You'd think I'd never read a Bible verse in my life. I didn't have any words to say to her to tell her how much she inspired me ... to tell her just how much I'd been praying for her! I didn't know how she was going to sing again ... how she was putting one foot in front of the other!
Sweet Cindy walked up the steps and onto the stage. The lighting was not set for stage lighting and so all I could see from the back of the room (yes, the Christian life center was packed!) was a beautiful sillouhette (forgive me - sp???.) Cindy began to share a short testimony and told the audience that even in the midst of her sorrow and pain that Jesus was worthy of all praise. I was awestruck. Cindy didn't need lighting - The Light of the World was shining through her! The music began and this angelic voice began to sing ... PRAISES TO JESUS! My eyes welled up with water and tears streamed down my face. My beautful friend taught me how to put one foot in front of the other in the midst of any pain ... first praise God ... and never stop, regardless of your circumstances and then we will put one foot in front of the other and soon we'll be walking across the floor ... and then we'll put one foot in front of the other and soon we'll be walking out the door ... for some of us then we'll be walking onto a stage, others in a hospital room, a funeral home, a nursery, a school .. and so on... fill in your own circumstance ... because you too will soon be on a walk to remember being carried by our living, loving Jesus!
I love you all so very much! Thank you for sharing this time with me! I'd love to hear from you! Blessings! Love you all bunches! Because He lives, cherie
ps - My precious Cindy, I don't know if you have ever read my blog ... if so, I love you madly ... and you are my HERO!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cherie, thanks for sharing. You asked me to pray for Cindy when you were in Wilson. I'm glad she is in His Light. When going through a time of grieving over the loss of a child, parents have a choice, draw closer to God or draw away from God. We chose the former,PTL. Every day that goes by is one day closer for us(Cindy and me) to see our girls again!Blessings and Love ya, Lynn
Your health is so important you should not risk it by taking chances. Go to the Gold’s gyms in College Station and have an expert show you how to take care of yourself physically.
Cherie,
Thank you for letting God speak through your writing. I am blessed by your words and friendship.
Betsy WP
Post a Comment